If you identify as a survivor of gun violence and would like to participant in National Gun Violence Survivors Week, here is some information to get you started.
Primary Campaign Hashtag: #GVSurvivorsWeek
Landing Page: MomentsThatSurvive.org/ngvsw
Twitter Handbook: https://bit.ly/2To6f6A
Twitter Tutorial: https://bit.ly/twitter-7taps
- Survivor Social Media Team Meeting: Please join us on Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 8:30pm ET for the first Survivor Social Media Team meeting of 2023, where we will have special guests and discuss best practices and ways to participate in this year’s National Gun Violence Survivor’s Week, which will be held Feb. 1-7, 2023.
- How to harness the power of your personal social network to effect change: Grassroots Relational Organizing: Join us on Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at 8:30pm ET for our new training about utilizing all your communication networks to make a real impact in the movement to end gun violence. This training will be offered simultaneously in both English and Spanish!
- Personalize your tweets by adding details about yourself to the sample; your social media is most powerful when it reflects your own, unique voice.
- Always include #GVSurvivorsWeek in your tweets to add it to the online conversation.
- Tag @Everytown in all of your tweets and @MomsDemand when possible.
- Mention your CITY & STATE — this helps to show the geographic diversity of the movement!
This National Gun Violence Survivors Week, I’m sharing my story to put a face on America’s gun violence crisis.
Read my story and uplift the voices of other gun violence survivors during #GVSurvivorsWeek.
[INSERT MOMENTS THAT SURVIVE STORY LINK] @annw
National Gun Violence Survivors Week is dedicated to honoring survivors of gun violence by amplifying our voices.
Today, I honor [SURVIVOR’S NAME] by sharing [his/her/their] story.
GVSurvivorsWeek @Everytown [INSERT MOMENTS THAT SURVIVE STORY LINK]
This National Gun Violence Survivors Week, survivors like myself will be sharing our stories to put a face on America’s gun violence crisis.
Read survivors’ stories and share your own at MomentsThatSurvive.org/NGVSW. #GVSurvivorsWeek @Everytown