Everytown Survivor Network
The Everytown Survivor Network is a nationwide community of survivors working together to end gun violence.
The Survivor Network:
- Connects those who have been affected by gun violence to each other.
- Amplifies the power of survivor voices.
- Offers trauma-informed programs.
- Provides information on direct services.
- Supports survivors who choose to become advocates.
What does it mean to be a survivor of gun violence?
The Everytown Survivor Network welcomes anyone who has experienced gun violence, including those who have:
- Witnessed an act of gun violence.
- Been threatened or wounded with a gun.
- Had someone they knew and cared for wounded or killed.
This can include, but is not limited to:
- Gun homicides.
- Gun suicides.
- Domestic violence involving a gun.
- Unintentional shootings.
People may use different words to describe living through gun violence. Some may use “victim,” others may use “survivor.” Some use neither. Everyone experiences trauma and healing in different ways, which is why we use the word “survivor.” This acknowledges the pain and resilience that survivors can experience, and recognizes the daily consequences of gun violence.
What does the Everytown Survivor Network offer?
Connection and support Through our SurvivorsConnect peer connection program and local and national events, survivors can find emotional support and community. The Network also provides trauma-informed programs and trainings to inform of mental health resources that can help with trauma and grief. Raising awareness Survivors are leaders in educating the public and policymakers about the realities of gun violence. Survivors speak out in many different ways, including:
- Sharing stories in their communities.
- Telling their story by posting on Moments That Survive.
- Participating in the Everytown Survivor Network Fellowship program to raise awareness about the impact of gun violence.
Advocating for safer communities Many survivors choose to take part in local, state, and national gun violence prevention campaigns in partnership with Moms Demand Action. When you join the Everytown Survivor Network, you also join Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, the grassroots arm of Everytown for Gun Safety. You will be given opportunities to participate in advocacy and educational activities. The Everytown Survivor Network is a program of the Everytown for Gun Safety Support Fund. The Everytown Support Fund works together with Everytown for Gun Safety, and its grassroots volunteers networks, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, and Students Demand Action — and a network of nearly 6 million supporters and more than 350,000 donors across the nation committed to gun violence prevention.
When you join the Everytown Survivor Network, you also join Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, the grassroots arm of Everytown for Gun Safety. You will be given opportunities to participate in advocacy and educational activities.